Locations: New York, Seattle, Southern California
Pavilion is seeking a highly motivated and experienced sales professional responsible for exceeding assigned sales goals, quotas, and overall results in the sales region. Selling Ultra Low Latency Storage Solutions to F1000, Web 2.0/HyperScale, and Financial Markets, you will focus on lead generation, account planning and new account development and/or expanding existing accounts.
You will be playing a key role by influencing prospects to buy Pavilion Data solutions in a highly competitive sale with incredibly disruptive technology. To be successful in the position, you will fully understand all aspects of complex selling in an enterprise technology market. You must effectively sell Pavilion Data products and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying Pavilion’s unique storage solutions to suit their specific needs. This is an individual contributor role.
Most importantly, you must understand the customers’/prospects’ business needs, develop the application of product, and effectively communicate Pavilion’s technical value to meet those needs.
You must possess a strong technical sales orientation and an intense sense of imitative and commitment. This is a fast-paced, results-driven start-up environment.
You will be responsible for developing relationships and leveraging fulfillment channel. Includes:
- Account planning, demand, and lead generation
- Building relationships and developing opportunities into F1000 and Web 2.0/HyperScale
- Development and delivery of sales presentations
- Preparing formal proposals and presenting to all levels of the target organization, including executive level
- The ability to close sales in a professional and efficient manner
- Maintaining a high degree of integrity in all aspects of the role
- Exceeding assigned sales quota
Outside of the above, the candidate will need to maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets.
As part of your day-to-day role in the Pavilion Sales Team, you will be expected to:
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision making process, overcome obstacles to closure and close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating territory strategy and tactics
- Ensure SalesForce.com is utilized appropriately and maintained on a daily basis
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles for large accounts in territory, to be reviewed by management on a quarterly or monthly basis
- Provide regular updates to manager concerning account issues, financial status, etc.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff, partners and customers
- Champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives, using demonstrated creativity and initiative
- Typically 8+ years of direct work experience in a relevant environment
- Proven sales performance in Enterprise Storage arena
- BS/BA (technical degree preferred) or equivalent
- Requires specialized knowledge in Storage products
- Experience with Internet related software or systems
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent solution selling and presentation abilities
- Excellent client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Ability to provide and work from a home office located within the territory