Pavilion Data is looking for a Sales Engineer for the San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley to join us. In this role, you will serve as the storage Pre-sales expert and carry out strategic and tactical sales plans. You will be a crucial part of our team by helping to broaden our reach and keep our customers satisfied as they deploy the highest-performance storage solution in the market today. The focus of this position will be to support new prospects and develop clients within the assigned territory. This is a high reward sales engineering position, working with innovative customers in a new and rapidly emerging space of storage.
Primary job responsibilities
- Serving as a ‘Selling SE’ that can articulate our value proposition and propose relevant solutions for our customers
- Primary technical interface for pre-defined list of accounts
- Solid understanding of scale-out/clustered applications (Cassandra, MySQL, MongoDB, etc)
- Act as “trusted technical adviser” to customers while developing critical relationships with key stakeholders in the process
- Communication and positioning of competitive positioning, strategic technical advantages, and value proposition of Pavilions storage systems into customer base.
- Ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Manage the “Proof of Concept” process through the customer testing cycle ultimately leading to system purchase.
- Develop new business with existing clients
- Prepare technical account reports
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in a customer facing pre-sales role proposing enterprise solutions at all levels of a customer organization.
- Experience working with customers and technology partners
- Experience selling and implementing Enterprise Hardware or Software, Cloud Platforms, IaaS, PaaS, or Virtual Infrastructure software
- Comfort in working with multiple decision-makers to drive proposals
- Solid experience with CRM software – Preferably SFDC
- Comfortable presenter of technical and business material to both small and large groups
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Ability to travel with the needs of the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience